I am 49 year old father of three and husband of one (for life)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

He said, she said...

Yesterday was a day filled with miscommunication. I took the clergy boy to tee ball and was supposed to wait until practice was over, then take him to a meeting with me, where Mrs. CC would come and get him. As I left the practice (without the boy) I called Mrs. CC to tell her which ball field he was to be picked up from and our conversation went something like this:

Mrs: "You're waiting for him!"
CC:"I am?... well, I can't because I'll be late for the meeting."
Mrs: "Well I haven't even eaten my supper yet!"
CC: "Oh, I'm sorry... I've totally blown it, haven't I?
Mrs: "I'll get him."

At the end of the evening (about 8) the oldest clergy kid exclaimed. "Dad, I haven't even had my supper yet!" She's not much of an eater anyway (no excuse) but how, in the name of the Lord , did we (my wife and I) manage to forget feeding one of our kids! I'll go home this afternoon to a bony, dehydrated, starving eleven year old asking lethargically, "Daddy, I've been a good girl, can I eat today?" Oh, man, I am a piece of s#$@* father.

No comments: