I am 49 year old father of three and husband of one (for life)

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Wild Thing

Yes, well, here I am again.

Birthday seems to be the topic for today as we celebrate the birth of our middle clergy kid. We had the family party over the weekend and the kid party is not until July 19- she is excited! She is as sweet as they come (not perfect), thinks very deeply and is very perceptive. We got her an electric guitar for her big day and she has joined a band (no name yet). At last week's rehearsal her fellow bandmates asked if she would be the "front person" to which she replied, "Why not?" The first song thay have learned is "Wild Thing". I should get out some of my band days pictures and strategically place them about the house so she can get a glimpse of me back in the glory days.

I've been reading lots of other blogs lately and have noticed how filthy dirty some of them are. Now, I'm not a prude or anything, but please- have some decency about yourself! Especially some of the women's blogs (e.g., Dooce)- Holy Potty Mouth!

I'm trying to decide if I will take a class this semster at seminary. Now that I've had some time to recover from the hectic pace of late spring and early summer, I feel like I'm ready to go at it again- we'll see. I'm also thinking that I'll leave the church position in late 2006 and look for something else, probably in a different church and perhaps a different denomonation.

What else is there to say?
CC

2 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Why a different denomination?
I've considered actually becoming either UCC or Episcoplian, but realized that I love the ethos of the Methodists -- and the Wesleyan theology (if you can call it that, =o))

steve said...

Maybe it's just home church. I'm feeling as though I need something more and just not able to get it there. I really don't feel like I'm growing at all.

That sounds like personal stuff to me- not denominational...

Thanks for reading...