I am 49 year old father of three and husband of one (for life)

Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh, what a beautiful weekend...

I woke the clergy girls up this morning with the following words:

CC: "Girls, I have two words for you- KELLY CLARKSON!"

8 year old clergy kid: "I have two words for you- BE QUIET!"

Mrs. CC is taking our two girls (11 and 8) to see Kelly Clarkson tonight- they (all three) are so geeked! I would kind of like to see her too, except that we can't just leave the clergy boy at home by himself now can we? So, the Captain and the Kid have a guy's night out tonight. I think we'll start out about three with a trip to the video store and rent "Star Wars" (the first one). Then we're planning on going to eat (his choice- probably McD), then to a baseball game where we'll spend the majority of the game at the playground- me watching him ride the Merry Go Round ($1 a pop) and me freezing my clergy buns off! I suspect we'll leave no later than the top of the fourth inning.

Upon returning home, we'll get ready for bed (no, we don't wear matching Spiderman jammies), turn on the Star Wars movie and fall asleep within ten minutes, his oversized head resting on my shoulder. Life is good.

Meanwhile, back at the concert, Mrs. CC is down front in the mosh pit and the clergy girls are on the shoulders of two fifteen year old guys named Chase and Hunter- ugh.

The Captain

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

My girls are totally geeky about Diana Degarmo. She's from a neighboring church, same denomination and I use her old baby sitter. Go figure. Husband loves Simon Cowell. Hrumph.