I am 49 year old father of three and husband of one (for life)

Thursday, May 19, 2005

So much to talk about...

15 year anniversary weekend extravaganza... great time was had by all! The Captain got "roasted" in certain spots, while Mrs. CC tanned beautifully. The following day we had an absolutely horrific experience with a condo salesperson- too many details. The "pitch" was the worst thing I have ever had to endure. Our salesperson was rude, offensive and just plain mean, especially when she found out we weren't buying. Pool time followed by nice dinner.

Clergy story:

One of our dearest congregants called me late the other night and just needed to talk to someone (he lives alone). He told me about the doctor's not-so-good diagnosis that day and what needs to be done. My friend responded, "Doctor, that's ok because I have a blessed savior that will care for me." Many diseases have plagued this man.

Just prior to his call, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and having quite a pity party for various reasons and then... his call. I didn't have much to offer my friend except for a couple of "bless your hearts" and an occasional "amen". Then the conversation got a little goofy.

He proceeded to tell me that his pit bull, "Ginger" was such a spoiled girl that she refused to wear anything other than the $20 perfume she's been wearing for the past several years. This puzzles and yes, even troubles me. That would be a good sub-plot for our TV series we're going to write this summer.

Gotta Run-
CC

No comments: